April 15, 2024
0 0
Read Time:2 Minute, 33 Second

By Justin de Ruyter

Your Spokane Fire Department was notified of a fire in a residence at 1419 North Lee St. yesterday evening. Initial reports indicated one bedroom was on fire and that the fire had spread to other parts of the home.

In just under three minutes, Engine 8 arrived at the scene. On arrival, the firefighters saw a one-story residential home, which had a basement. Flames were visible on the front. The occupants were able to safely escape, but told our firefighters three cats remained in the house and had not been found.

A second fire department arrived to conduct a search in order to find the cats and ensure that everyone had left the building. Two cats were rescued successfully, however, sadly one was discovered dead. While some firefighters worked to secure a fire hydrant nearby, others deployed hoses in the house.

Firefighters had to remove the ceiling of the interior to extinguish the fire, as it extended to the attic. The complex structure of the house, which was undergoing various remodels and additions throughout the years, caused them to encounter difficulties. At 7:49 pm, the fire was brought under control.

Avista Utilities and Spokane Police Departments were also called in to turn off the natural gas and electricity to the house.

Five adults and one young child had been displaced due to the fire. The American Red Cross has offered assistance. Only one person needed to be examined at the fire scene, and no medical attention was required. Currently, there are no estimates of damage or loss, but it is expected that they will be significant due to the extensive smoke and fire damage in every room. Neither civilians nor firefighters were injured during this incident.

Spokane Fire Special Investigations Unit is investigating the fire.

Your Spokane Fire Department wants to remind residents to test their carbon monoxide and smoke alarms to ensure they are working properly and have the correct batteries. Test alarms using the “Test button” and confirm if an alarm is audible. Check the manufacture date, which is usually found on the rear of the alarm. Carbon monoxide and smoke alarms last between 5-7 years, depending on the date of manufacture.

The Fire and smoke damage restoration is essential for dealing with the aftermath that follows a property fire. Smoke damage restoration requires thorough cleaning, structural evaluation, and deodorization. They use special techniques to neutralize smells and remove the soot. Are you looking for solutions to your problem? Well, if you want to know more, you can go right here so that you can verify for yourself the multiple options to deal with your problem Imperial Restoration fire and smoke damage restoration Toronto. It is important to engage expert services as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage. The restoration of smoke damage not only rejuvenates the property, but it also provides a safe and odorless environment for your family. The expert assistance will ensure a complete restoration and provide peace of mind throughout the difficult post-fire recovery.

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %