Vennetta Hamilton says her son lives with her friends, while she has lived in her vehicle to prevent getting more sick.
According to WUSA9, a woman from Southeast D.C. developed respiratory problems due to her living situation.
Vennetta Hamilton was first introduced to us at her apartment in Southeast earlier this month. Her floor was covered with mold from the flood she claimed happened several weeks earlier.
Hamilton claims that she tried to contact her landlord over the years, but conditions continued and repairs continue to pile up. Hamilton contacted the Department of Buildings who sent her a list of violations with a deadline of 60 days.
The landlord finally sent a technician to fix the problem, but the mold from the flood was still on the apartment floor when WUSA visited Hamilton. Hamilton claimed that the contractor was hired to repair the damage caused by the flood, paint and drywall but did not fix what Hamilton believed was the main problem.
The root of the problem must be addressed, not just bandaged. The building is not functional. Mold is growing on the building. Not just mine. Hamilton added, “It could be other units as well.”
Hamilton was diagnosed in 2016 with reactive airway diseases. Her symptoms were getting worse when she returned to the hospital in October. Her son lives with her friends, while she is living in her vehicle to prevent getting worse.
Hamilton stated that the owners of the buildings must make necessary repairs, and that the city should hold them responsible.
If I were to leave they would do cosmetics and replace someone else. Hamilton stated that the problem is still ongoing in walls, pipes and HVAC.
WUSA9 has contacted the Department of Buildings several times. The Department of Buildings has not responded to our repeated requests.
Hamilton is scheduled to appear in court Nov. 14. She said that she was suing her management company. WUSA9 also contacted them, but we still haven’t heard back.
It is important to address the mold damage in your home. Mold remediation company includes a thorough inspection, removal of mold, and preventative measures. Expert services will ensure that mold is removed effectively, and any potential hazards to health are addressed. Further property damage can be prevented by engaging expert services. For a safe indoor environment, and to preserve the structure of your business or home, it is important that you take immediate and thorough action. The key to protecting your home or business is mold remediation. Are you looking for solutions to your problem? Well, if you want to know more, you can go right here so that you can verify for yourself the multiple options to deal with your problem Imperial Restoration mold remediation and restoration Toronto.