July 14, 2024
0 0
Read Time:5 Minute, 12 Second

By Harrison Galliven

Hannah-Jayne Holmes is a mother of two who claims that the mold in her house became so bad, she was forced to dispose off two new beds for children.

Family claims that a mouldy council house has caused a girl to become ill. Croydon tenants are concerned about the well-being of themselves and their children.

The residents claim that despite their repeated complaints, they are still living in moldy flats. Hannah-Jayne Holmes is a mother of two who claims that the mold in her house became so bad, she was forced to dispose of two new children’s bed.

She claims that despite this she was told by a council official they’d seen worse. Residents claim that the mold is just the latest problem with council flats.

Hannah-Jayne told the Local Democracy Reporting Service (LDRS): “There’s mould and damp all over the apartment, the whole thing is covered.” My two children live in the same flat, my son Nathan (12 years old) and my daughter Lilly Rae (2 years old).

My daughter developed asthma after moving into the apartment. The council has not listened to me. This is not a joke. Especially when it’s about my children’s well-being.

I’ve had to discard both of my children’s mattresses because they were mouldy. They’ve heard me so many times. “I’m going to talk until my face is blue.”

Last year, she moved into a house in Fisher Close Addiscombe. The LDRS received a complaint from the woman that despite constant reassurances and help provided by her housing officer, both the contractor and the council had failed to resolve the mold issue.

She explained to the LDRS that she felt ignored by local authorities because of this alleged negligence. When she contacted them, they replied that ‘I have seen worse’. “How can you claim it isn’t that bad?”

She continued: “Every time I contact the council, they tell me that someone will be contacting me. They don’t care how many times I say that nobody is actually calling me. Instead, they insist that someone will. “I keep telling them that I’ve had this consistently for an entire year and they knew about it.”

Lee Sparkes, Hannah-Jayne’s neighbor and a fellow tenant of the council claims that he has also experienced a mold issue in his apartment. He believes that his housing officer is doing little to address the issue despite her best efforts.

The LDRS was told by him: “In privately rented buildings, damp-proofing has already been done. But for people who are unable to work like Hannah and me, they do not perform any work. They don’t do anything every time you contact them. “I should be on the class A priority list due to my disability.”

Lee first approached the LDRS about a separate issue which had affected flats in the area for more than a week. His flat was flooded by a plumbing problem that rerouted the wastewater from his upstairs apartment through his sink. When residents in the upstairs flat took a bath or flushed their toilets, the wastewater would flood through his kitchen sink.

Lee, a man with autism who lives in his apartment for five years told LDRS that “it happened on 15 November, and Wates, the council’s contractor, didn’t show up until 17 November.” Two days after the incident.

They tried blasting the pipe but it didn’t work. They got the wet wipes from the drain over the weekend.

The wet wipes came from an obstruction in the apartment above. The water is not coming from my bathroom or kitchen, but rather through the drain.

The pipe shared by the apartment above was leaking wastewater every time the residents flushed their toilet or took a shower. It was so bad that I had to sweep it all out of the house and put it in the garage.

Some of the water still sits there. It took me a lot of clothes to absorb it.

The flooring is beyond repair, and the clothes are soaked. It’s a brand new kitchen that is only two years old. It’s a disgrace, they are always faking you off, I’m not happy.

Lee missed important appointments at the hospital due to his chronic injuries while he waited for repairs. The LDRS reported that he had told the LDRS “four or five times” and missed many doctor and hospital appointments. “I just can’t believe that it is still happening.”

Hannah-Jayne reports that while Lee’s pipes have been fixed, her adjacent flat is still affected.

She said to the LDRS, “Nobody has done anything about this leak.” It was only because the water literally came up from his sink that they were able to fix it in Lee’s apartment. It’s behind the bathroom wall in my apartment and underneath my floor. “Basically, all of my flooring in this entire property has been destroyed.”

Hannah-Jayne summarized her own situation before leaving for care of her children. She said: “People shouldn’t have to live this way, and it’s not only me.” “There are many people like me.”

Wates’ spokesperson stated: “Our team cleared the blockage, repaired the waste pipe and returned the sink to working order in Mr Sparkes’ home.” This repair was done within the agreed upon time frame with Croydon Council. However, our team is taking measures to reduce time for repairs. “Our team has also been working on a property next door that is affected by this leak.”

Roof services are vital for your home’s integrity and long-term durability. Have any problem? something that you have been looking for a solution for? Well, if so, we will give you a hand and to get better information, come here The Roof Technician roof replacement services in Toronto. Roofs may become damaged by weather, wear and tear, or even leaks over time. Professional commercial flat roof repair contractors offer comprehensive solutions that include inspections, repair and installation. It involves fixing issues such as damaged shingles or leaks. Roofers are trained to use high-quality materials and methods that will ensure weather resistance and durability. Professional roofing services protect your property, extend the lifespan of your roof and safeguard your investment.

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %